Red Kite

We get asked this question a lot and although many other groups of birds are known by their collective nouns, it appears there isn’t an official noun for a group of red kites.

Some people will refer to a group of red kites as a wake which is the same as the collective noun for buzzards. Other unofficial terms include ‘husk’, ‘kettle’ and ‘soar’.

If anyone does know the official collective noun for red kites then please get in touch via the contact form.

About British Bird Lovers


It's Good To Talk

Contact Us
Press & Advertising
Sign Up To Our Newsletter

For More Inspiration

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites